Bend Veterinary Clinic - Immediate or Urgent Care
During our regular clinic hours of operation we offer emergency or urgent care treatment. If your emergency is during regular office hours, call our office immediately at (541) 382-0741 to alert us to the nature of your emergency and your approximate arrival time
Visit our After-Hours Emergency Care page for more information on after-hours medical care.
When Is It an Emergency?
- Your pet has experienced some kind of trauma, such as being hit by a car or a blunt object or falling more than a few feet.
- Your pet isn't breathing or you can't feel a heartbeat.
- Your pet is unconscious and won't wake up.
- Your pet has been vomiting or has had diarrhea for more than 24 hours, or is vomiting blood.
- You suspect any broken bones.
- Your pet is having trouble breathing or has something stuck in its throat.
- Your pet has had or is having a seizure.
- Your pet is bleeding from the eyes, nose or mouth, or there is blood in the urine or feces.
- You think your pet might have ingested something toxic, such as antifreeze, rat poison, household cleansers, or any kind of medication that wasn't prescribed.
- Your pet, particularly your male cat, is straining to urinate, or is unable to.
- Your pet shows signs of extreme pain, such as whining, shaking, and refusing to socialize.
Your pet collapses or suddenly can't stand up.
- Your pet begins bumping into things or suddenly becomes disoriented.
- You can see irritation or injury to your pet's eyes, or it suddenly seems to become blind.
- Your pet's abdomen is swollen and hard to the touch, and/or it is gagging and trying to vomit.
- You see symptoms of heatstroke.
- Your pregnant dog or cat has gone more than three to four hours between delivering puppies or kittens.
- You're never wrong to call if you are concerned about your pet and you should never feel embarrassed about calling your veterinarian. Veterinarians are used to emergencies and they prepare for them.
House-calls are scheduled on a case by case basis. Cost varies upon treatment type and supplies needed.
Please call our clinic for more informaiton or to schedule a house-call.